Cleaning With White Vinegar

I've been reading about cleaning with white distilled vinegar recently and decided to try out one of the recommended uses.  I'm a little embarrassed to show you this picture, but this is what my kitchen sink faucet looked like before:


Pretty disgusting, especially behind the faucet (between the faucet & counter).  I wish I could have gotten some pictures of that to show, but tight spaces don't allow for good pictures!


First, I filled a bowl up with some distilled white vinegar and soaked some paper towels in it.  Next, I squeezed the paper towels out so they weren't dripping all over the place.  I then wrapped the soaked paper towels around the bad areas of the faucet and made sure they were pressed in good around all the joints.  See below:


I allowed it to soak in for two hours and then unwrapped the paper towel from the faucet.  Depending how bad your faucet is, I would say the time varies.  I still had to wipe down some of the areas to get all of the gunk out (but I did not have to scrub, it came off pretty easily).  Had I left it on a little longer, or even overnight, I don't think I would have had to do that.  I was amazed with the results:


I feel like I have a brand new faucet!!  And all it took was some distilled white vinegar and 2 hours of soaking.  Now that's my kind of cleaning!

And not to let anything go to waste, the leftover distilled white vinegar was combined with equal amounts of baking soda and poured down the drain.  That sat for 15 minutes and then was rinsed with hot water.  So not only do I have a clean faucet, my drain was cleaned too!

Let me know what your results are!  Do you have other uses for distilled white vinegar?

Nhận xét