Newlywed's Guide to Cooking: Baked Italian Tilapia


Tilapia

Before my husband (Eric) and I got married, I rarely ate fish.  I would say that I didn't even like it.  Fast forward nine months, and we now have it once a week.  We've found that tilapia and salmon are on sale alternating weeks all the time at our grocery store (Meijer), so we usually get whichever is on sale.

As I've said before, neither of us are seasoned cooks.  Didn't do much cooking before we were married, so we had to find good recipes somewhere.  Our go-to guide for recipes is Taste of Home.  We have not had a dud yet!

This week's recipe that I am sharing with you is Baked Italian Tilapia from Taste of Home.  We have usually grilled our fish, but found this and wanted to try it and it is delicious!  This was actually our second time making it, and it is really quick and easy to throw together. For this dish, we did not deviate from the recipe except for adding extra green pepper and extra shredded parmesan cheese (my husband LOVES cheese, so extra is a must).

The recipe can be found here, or I have copied it below.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!

What are some of your favorite fish recipes?



Ingredients

  • 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
  • 1 large onion, halved and julienned
  • 1 medium green pepper, halved and julienned
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions



  • Place tilapia in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper. Spoon tomatoes over tilapia; top with onion and green pepper.
  • Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Yield: 4 servings.

Nhận xét