DIY: Spring Wreath

DIY: Spring Wreath

My goal this weekend was to make a Spring Wreath.  Last week, I shared a few wreath inspirations (here), and with glimpses of Spring appearing (little glimpses, might I add), I decided to make one!

At the end of summer 2012, I picked up a few pool noodles for $1 each with the intention of making a wreath.  I cut about 6 inches off one of the pool noodles and made a circle out of it and taped the ends together with clear packing tape.  I then tied my grey yarn to the wreath form and starting wrapping!

Wreath from Pool Noodle

And wrapping.... and wrapping... and wrapping!

Yarn Wreath

I had some leftover lilac-colored yarn, so I wrapped it in X's around the wreath.

DIY Spring Wreath


I picked up a few coordinating squares of fabric, and along with what I had lying around, made some flowers to add to the wreath. All of these flowers were no-sew, just cut and used a glue gun.

DIY fabric flowers
  1. Cut fabric into 3/4-inch strips (width), folded and secured with glue.  Glued all together in center.  Wrapped cardboard circle with matching fabric & glued onto flower.
  2. Wrapped cardboard circle with fabric. (Inspiration)
  3. Great tutorial from My Sparkle.
  4. Inspiration from Tattered and Inked.
  5. Great tutorial from Twigg Studios.
I loved how it turned out!

DIY Spring Wreath

What are you looking forward to with the coming of Spring?

Nhận xét

  1. Cute wreath! I like the flowers!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-20.html

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. Thanks so much! It was super easy! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Xóa
  2. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. you have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more!

    You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely be checking out your site!

      Xóa

Đăng nhận xét