Wedding Flashback Series: Bride & Groom Attire



The Bride & Groom's attire.  I have loved going back through all our wedding pictures these last few weeks!  One of my favorite parts in wedding planning was finding just the right dress and accessories for me, and the perfect suit for E.  

E wore the same suit as the groomsmen.  The only difference was that he wore a light gray shirt with a purple-black-white striped tie.  We wanted him to stand out a little!  E's boutonniere was also different - he wore a white calla lily.


I found my wedding dress at the Bridal Gallery in Grand Rapids.  The ladies there were so amazing!  I truly had the experience.  My dress was pretty plain - but perfect for me.  It was diamond white, had ruching across the midsection and gathered to one side. I had the seamstress add the flowered belt to add a little detail to the dress.  The nice thing with this dress was that the 'poofy' slip was built into the dress.


E picked out the most amazing engagement ring!  I absolutely love it.  We were able to find the perfect band to go with it at a local jeweler.  We also purchased E's wedding band from them.  They are absolutely amazing to work with and will bend over backwards finding you just what you want!


For my necklace and earrings, I also had them made by Linda at River Girl Designs.  Both items turned out beautifully and were the perfect fit for my dress.


The main color I had picked as a wedding color was purple.  I found them at Shi by Journeys.  I'm not a heels kind of girl, so when I found this pair of flats, I knew they were the perfect color and exactly what I was looking for.  And they were so comfortable.  The best part - I can wear them again!


My veil.  This beautiful veil was handmade by my amazing mother.  That's all that needs to be said.  I loved it and could not have imagined another veil.  It was perfect.


My mom also made my garter.  This one was a keepsake for me.  She also made another for the garter toss at the Reception.  The color purple was added to go with the wedding colors, and of course, I had to have my something blue in there somewhere!


My beautiful bouquet was done by The Flower Garden.  The flowers included were white mini calla lilies and purple tulips.


And that's it!  Every piece fit perfectly together and were complimented by our Wedding Party.


Be sure to stop by next week for the final installment of this series - our Honeymoon location!

Need to get caught up?  Check out each part!

Follow on Bloglovin

Nhận xét