Wedding Flashback Series: Wedding Party Attire



As mentioned in previous posts, E and I wanted to be able to plan our wedding on a low budget.  We also wanted to keep the costs low for everyone who supported us in our marriage and stood up with us.  I think we did a pretty good job at keeping costs low, but still managing to look good!

Wedding Party Attire

Our wedding colors were purple with some teal added in at the Ceremony and Reception.  All wedding attire was different shades of purple.

For our ring-bearer and junior groomsman, we found the perfect shirt/vest/pant set at JCPenney.  The shirts were lilac and the pants were black.  The vest had stripes that were lilac and a light blue.  I loved that we were able to bring in a lighter shade of purple - and each only cost $25!  The boys boutonnieres were white gerbera daisies.

Ring-bearers Outfit
JCPenney: similiar sets can be found here and here
For our sweet flower girl, I happened to find her dress at Younkers during Black Friday - also $25!  I went back and forth about having her wear traditional white, but finally decided on this fun dress below.  It complimented the boys outfits and also the color the bridesmaids were wearing.

Flower Girl Dress
Similar dress can be found here
For the groomsmen, we found their suits at JCPenney.  They were Stafford Essentials gray striped suit separates.  Between sales and coupons, each groomsman was able to get their suit for under $100.  And they were able to keep it.  One thing we didn't want to do is for the men to pay $200 for a rental, and I am so glad we were able to accomplish that! Their ties came from Kohls at a price of $20 each (I had a 30% off coupon - I love those coupons!).  The men's boutonnieres were purple tulips.  (This picture must have been taken while E and I were kissing!)

Groomsmen Attire
Suit: similar here; Tie: similar here
For the maid of honors and bridesmaids, we were able to find their dresses at David's Bridal.  This was a sleeveless charmuese dress with origami detail in plum.  The thing that all the girls loved about the dress was how wearable it was and that they would be able to wear it again if they chose to.  One of my sisters has worn it and has removed the origami detail - it was really easy to take off.  These dresses each cost $99.  The bouquets for the girls were white mini gerbera daisies, purple roses, and purple tulips.

Bridesmaid Attire
Dress can be found here
All the beautiful flowers came from The Flower Garden - if you are in the western Michigan area, I would definitely recommend using Casey!

Bridesmaid Bouquet

As a gift, I gave each bridesmaid a large canvas bag in which I sewed the initial of their first name on.

Bridesmaid Gift

The bag contained a handmade make-up bag in it along with other small essentials they may have needed for the day.  I was able to get their necklaces and earrings custom-made by River Girl Designs.  Linda is a local designer and was great to work with.  I loved the process - I took a few of her sample necklaces and chose each part that I liked and combined it into a unique piece for each girl.  The earrings complimented the necklaces.  

Bridesmaid Jewelry

And there you have it - I think each outfit complimented each other and I absolutely love how it all turned out.  Everyone looked great.

The best part about the day was all the love and support we received from these amazing people.

Be sure to check back next week for the Bride and Groom Attire!

Missed a part - be sure to get caught up:




This post has been shared at:

Nhận xét