Spring Cleaning Tips: Mattress and Sheet Sets



It's May.  And that means Spring cleaning time has arrived.  For some of you, it may have arrived even earlier!  I've been going at it for about a month now, just doing things slowly.  Little by little.  And I feel like I am finally beginning to make some progress.  With the long weekend - E and I definitely have plans to tackle our guest closet - getting ready for a garage sale!

Do you ever think about cleaning your mattress?  Not something that is on the forefront of my mind...but it does have to be done!  Lucky for you, I found an easy way to do this.  And you most likely have the only thing you need already in your kitchen pantry.  Baking soda.

baking soda photo: baking soda bakingsoda.jpg
Baking Soda

If you have a sifter, lightly dust your mattress with the baking soda and let it sit for at least an hour, and then vacuum it up!  Super easy!  On the Real Simple blog, Simply Stated, they even suggest to remake your bed and leave the baking soda on your mattress.  The next time you change your sheets, you would vacuum up the baking soda.  This allows for dirt, moisture, and odors to be slowly drawn out.

Another tip: leave a dryer sheet between your mattress and box spring to keep odors away - extra freshness!

And for those extra sets of sheets that need folding, check out a great way to fold and store them at Fabulously Organized Home!



What are some of your spring cleaning tips?


Follow on Bloglovin

Nhận xét

  1. Will you come spring clean my house please? :) I've done the baking soda thing on our mattress and it does leave it fresher smelling!

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. :) My spring cleaning may be flowing over into summer cleaning! It never ends!

      Xóa

Đăng nhận xét