Speech: Proverbs 31:26




"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."
- Proverbs 31:26 -
___________________________________


There are so many times that I open my mouth and say something that I instantly regret.  Or maybe I don't say it, but instead think it - and still have that regret.  It is so important to watch what we say, or what we think, because it is a direct reflection of our heart.  

In order to speak with wisdom, as it says in this verse, we must be in His Word.  Daily.  And trust me, I struggle just as much as the next person with this.  But the saying that what you put inside is what comes out is so true.  The more truth and wisdom that you fill your heart with, the easier it will be to speak with wisdom and kindness - it will naturally flow out.

Here are a couple more verses I'll leave you with this week that address the topic of speech:

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."
- Ephesians 4:29 -

"Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."
- Colossians 4:6 -


Follow on Bloglovin


***Image courtesy of Arvind Balaraman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Nhận xét

  1. Oh how I am guilty of this. Both ways. Many times!! But I have really, really tried to just sit back and listen now. Learn and then voice my opinions. Its hard work, but worth it.

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. Thanks for giving me 3 great verses to reflect on throughout this week!

    Trả lờiXóa

Đăng nhận xét