Tips for Organizing a Garage Sale


Eliorah: Tips for Organizing a Garage Sale

Garage sales. You either love them or you hate them. Or so I thought.

When it comes to going to garage sales, I love finding treasure in someone else's junk. I mean, where else can you find planter pots for a quarter a piece?! On the other hand, having a garage sale - I'm quickly not loving them so much anymore. Let me just say, it is something you definitely cannot just throw together - if you do, don't plan on it being much of a success. There is definitely an art to having a successful garage sale, at least in my opinion.

My sister and I are having a garage sale this weekend. And oh my goodness! I am just beginning to comprehend how much E and I have quickly accumulated in just 15 months of marriage. I mean, really, where does it all come from?! What was moved into our two bedroom apartment with a loaded Tahoe and small trailer (and the trunk of my CRV), is going to take a fairly decent-sized moving truck when the time comes to move out (hopefully soon!). So....we are trying to get on top of things and downsize some. I'm happy to say I am getting rid of about 15 pairs of shoes. I know, yikes!

This week's tip is going to be in the form of directing you to some pretty amazing ladies who know how to throw some pretty great garage sales. Follow some of their awesome tips on organizing a garage sale, and hopefully yours will be as successful as theirs!




Crystal over at Money Saving Mom has some great tips!  I used her tip and found pre-priced stickers at The Dollar Tree. This was definitely a time-saver when it came to pricing everything.  She also has 9 other great tips, so be sure to check it out!




Over at House of Hepworths, Allison also has 10 great tips for a successful garage sale.  I will definitely putting larger items (and more popular items) closer to the road so that people doing the slow drive-by (we've all done it before!) will actually stop instead of moving on to the next sale.



Angela also has some amazing tips at Money Crashers.  My sister and I will be advertising online at a couple of local Facebook garage sale sites.

I hope these help you as much as they have helped my sister and I!

What are some of your most helpful tips at organizing a garage sale?
What is your biggest find at a garage sale?

Share in the comments below!

Follow on Bloglovin

Nhận xét