Grace: Galatians 2:20





I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20, ESV)
_______________________________________________


My husband gave me a gift a while back for my birthday, and he had this verse engraved into it. I really love that he picked out this verse.  

It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  Every time I read this verse, I feel so unworthy.  But I am reminded that Christ loves me.  He loves me so much that He gave himself for me.  Grace is the free and unmerited favor of God shown towards man (Dictionary.com).  We may not deserve it, actually, we don't deserve it.  At all.  But it is given freely to those He calls.

I love the promise of this verse.  But it also reminds me that the life I live is not my own.  It is Christ's.  And I must live each day remembering this - at home, at work, everywhere.

How is Christ's free gift of grace evident in your life?

Nhận xét