Tilapia Florentine


It's been awhile since E and I have had any kind of fish - in the winter it is usually a bit more expensive.  It was on sale this past week, with it being the Lent season and all, so I picked up some frozen tilapia fillets at the request of E.  Tilapia Florentine is one of his favorite meals, so I decided to make it this week!   The only changes I made to the recipe below was that I probably used a little bit more spinach than called for - can never have too much!  I also didn't have a garlic-herb seasoning blend, so I just used a different blend I had on hand - it still tasted amazing!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did - and it's also great for leftovers!

Eliorah: Tilapia Florentine
Source: Taste of Home

Serves 4

Ingredients

  • 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
  • 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
  • 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Cook spinach in 4 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet until wilted.  Drain if needed.
  2. Meanwhile, place the 4 tilapia fillets in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and drizzle with lime juice and the remaining oil.  Sprinkle fillets with your seasoning blend.
  3. In a small small, mix the egg, ricotta cheese, and spinach together.  Spoon over the fillets & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
  5. Enjoy!

What are some of your favorite ways to prepare and serve Tilapia? 
 Share below!


 photo Signature_zps284dfca5.jpg

Nhận xét