10 Scriptures To Pray For Your Children


A few weeks ago I was awake around 3 in the morning feeding my daughter. As I looked down at my then 9 month old, I realized that, more than likely, her future husband was already born. That just boggled my mind. I find it funny, though, that it took me that long to put two and two together because when we were told that we had a girl {we waited until she was born to find out}, the first image that popped into my husband's head was him walking her down the aisle and giving her away! I absolutely love that.

That night, that realization showed me the importance of being in prayer for her daily, consistently, always.

There are so many different ways to pray for your children. I think the most important prayer we can lift up for our children is for their salvation. That they would come to know Jesus personally. I also frequently pray that my husband and I can raise our children in a way that they seek after the Lord; that we are changed and can be used as examples for them. Only by completely relying on Christ and giving our children over to Him can this be possible.

One of my favorite verses to use as a guide to pray for my daughter is Galatians 5:22-23.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."
Using each fruit of the Spirit as a keyword, there are so many verses to pray over your children! I've gathered a few verses to share with you, check them out below.


1. Salvation.

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." {Romans 10:9}

2. Love.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another." {John 13:34}

3. Joy.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." {James 1:2-4}

4. Peace.

"Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it." {1 Peter 3:11}

5. Patience.

"And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone." {1 Thessalonians 5:14-15}

6. Kindness.

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." {Ephesians 4:32}

7. Goodness. 

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever." {Psalm 23:6}

8. Faithfulness. 

"Now therefore fear the LORD and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness." {Joshua 24:14}

9. Gentleness.

"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect." {1 Peter 3:15}

10. Self-control.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." {Philippians 4:8}

What are some other verses that come to mind when praying for your children? Share below!

Be sure to check out 10 Scriptures to Pray For Your Husband too!

Linking up to Thoughtful Spot Blog Hop @ Mommy Maleta, Motivational Monday @ Making It In The Mitten, Coffee and Conversation @ Mom's Morning Coffee, Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now, Pretty Pintastic Party! @ Simplicity Relished

Nhận xét

  1. I love this. I pray a lot over my son but I don't think I have actually prayed the fruits of the spirit over him. {mom fail} I love this concept. I am starting this today!

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. Totally not a mom fail! :) This is just one way to be guided in prayer that I like to go through. I think the most important thing is that you ARE praying over your son :)

      Xóa

Đăng nhận xét