Friday's Finds: January 25, 2013





Friday's are the best during the winter because it means that the next day, I don't have to drive to work in the snow!  Here are a couple more favorites of mine.


1. Refinished Industrial Railroad Cart Coffee Table

Refinished Railroad Cart Coffee Table


For Christmas this year, my parents gave us this coffee table.  My dad had found a 'store' (I put it this way because it is sort of a resale, reclaimed, junk store) called Pitsch.  You can find just about anything you could possibly ever want here.  They had these industrial railroad carts, and he picked up a few.  My husband has always talked about wanting one, so he refinished one of them for us and it is a beauty! This is one of my favorite pieces we have now.

2. Homemade Birch Candles


Birch Candles DIY


This was another Christmas gift we received this year - and today was actually the first time we lit them.  My husband's parents made these for us.  The family has property on a lake in New York, and they had brought the birch home after vacationing there last summer.  They cut the branch in different lengths and then used a drill press to make holes big enough to fit tea light candles in them.  I had seen a picture of these on pinterest and had wanted to make these - but they beat me to it, and I absolutely love them!



What are some of your favorite things?




This post has been shared at:

Nhận xét

  1. LOVE those birch tree candles!! Adorable! Thanks so much for linking up to our blog hop! Glad to have found you!

    xoxo, Jordan.

    www.lilywhite-designs.com

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. I'm so glad you like the birch tree candles, I love the look of them! Thanks so much for hosting the blog hop.

      Xóa
  2. What color stain was used to refinish the railraod cart? I love it!

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. Could you let me know what color stain you used for the railroad cart? I absolutely love it!

    Trả lờiXóa

Đăng nhận xét