Where to Find Free E-books


I love to read.  Like if you were to stop me on the street, I most likely would have a book with me.  Which is why when my husband gave me a Nook a few years ago for Christmas, he went up a few notches on the gift-giving scale.  But books can tend to get a little expensive, especially if you are a quick reader.  Here are a few places where to find free e-books:

Where to Find Free E-books

1.  Project Gutenberg

Project Gutenberg is a site that offers 40,000+ ebooks for free.  Yes, all for free!  If you love the classics - this is the place to go.  Compatible with Nook, Kindle, iPad, and other ebook readers.

2.  BookBub

BookBub is a site that sends you a free email newsletter of free and discounted ebooks.  You pick your frequency of the newsletter and you also choose the genres you want.  I recently joined this site and am liking it so far.  I've been able to get a few free ebooks, and the discounted ebooks are usually priced around $2.99.  The most recent free ebook I was able to snag from this site was Courageous

When you click on the book you want, it gives you the sites where you can 'purchase' it from.  This includes Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple's iBookstore, Sony, Kobo, etc.  Compatible with Nook, Kindle, iPad, and other ebook readers.

3.  Amazon / Barnes & Noble

Depending on whether you have a Kindle or Nook, you can get ebooks at Amazon or Barnes & Noble,  respectively.  If you search for free kindle books or free nookbooks, you will get a list that pops up.  Or you can choose your genre and then sort by price, lowest to highest to see which ones are free.  Every once in a while, I will catch a good free nookbook.

4.  Your Local Library

If you are lucky, your local library offers you the ability to borrow ebooks for about 2 weeks, and you can do this all from the comfort of your own home!  You have to have a library card, but this gives you the chance to get new ebooks that are out, and not relying on what might be offered free online.  The only downside is if it is a popular book, you most likely will be put on a waiting list until it is available.  My library will send you an email when it is available for me to download, and I have 3 days to do so, otherwise I forfeit my spot in line.  I am just now starting to get into this method of reading ebooks.


These are the places I trust so far to get free ebooks - what are some sites you use?

This post has been shared at:

Nhận xét