Friday's Finds: Valentine's Day!




I'm back!  Last week, I didn't share any Friday Favorites because, well, I was pretty much out of it after having my wisdom teeth removed.  I could have done a Friday's Not-So-Favorites!

This weeks Friday's Favorites are a result of my Valentine's Day gifts from my wonderful husband.  Considering I'm still on a soft food diet, we decided not to go out since I probably would not have been able to eat much.  My husband instead made me homemade Broccoli Cheddar soup (which is VERY special because he does not like broccoli at all - although he did admit that this soup was delish!).  A little twist to the soup was to add penne pasta - which added a whole new dimension to the soup.

I came home to this sitting on the kitchen table:

Bottles as Vases

I absolutely love this!  I am so looking forward to Farmer's Market flowers to fill the vases throughout the summer.  This was definitely a winner.

And he didn't stop there..... how about some dessert?!

amazing dessert

Amazingly Delicious!  It just melted in your mouth.  That's all I have to say about that - pretty much left me speechless.  And I ate two.

He found the recipe at Taste of Home (our favorite place to find new recipes - have not had a fail yet!), and I'm going to share it with you below. The only difference was that the recipe was halved... otherwise no other adjustments were made.

Prep Time: 20 minutes   Bake Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients


  • 1 cup butter, cubed
  • 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows
  • 4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar


Directions


  • Grease the bottoms only of twelve 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set aside. In a large microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, beat eggs and yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture just until combined.
  • Fill prepared ramekins half full; sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.

Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day?



This post has been shared at:

Nhận xét

  1. These look so good - hot chocolate souffles - no wonder you ate two!

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. We had some left over....they had fallen flat, but still tasted delicious!

      Xóa
  2. Whoa. that looks amazingly delish. I have been having such a sweet tooth lately. Will have to try this! thanks for the link up!
    xoxo, Jordan

    www.lilywhite-designs.com

    Trả lờiXóa

Đăng nhận xét