DIY: Make Your Own Jewelry Plate


I love garage sales.  Browsing, looking for those hidden treasures, and getting them for a deal.  But it's winter.  And in Michigan, that means no garage sales for now.  But lucky for me - this past weekend I came across an indoor one.  I was so excited to go, but it ended up being kind of a dud.  Look what I did manage to pick up for $1 though:

DIY Jewelry Plate

What a great idea!  I've decided to use it as a jewelry plate in my main bathroom, but it could also be used as a soap dish.  If it were larger, it could even be used as a dessert stand!

This is super easy to make - and cheap if you have the supplies lying around the house.

All you need is:

  • An older (or new) candle holder
  • A plate - I absolutely love this dish that was used
  • A glue gun
And that's it.  If you didn't have a candle holder, I'm sure you could also use a glass attached to the plate upside-down.

To put this together, just apply your glue to the candle holder and press your plate down in the center.  That's it - and now you have a jewelry stand, soap dish, or whatever you want it to be.  So instead of tossing that one mismatched plate you have, make it into a stand.

What other ways would you use this piece of decor?

Nhận xét

  1. So simple! And that plate is adorable!

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. This is so pretty! Love it!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. I love super easy and cheap projects! Stopping by from Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop--thanks for linking up :)

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. I agree - especially if you have all the supplies at home! Thanks for stopping by!

      Xóa
  4. Love this project and the fact that it's quick, easy, inexpensive and super cute!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my heat embossed rocks!

    Trả lờiXóa

Đăng nhận xét