Comfort: Jeremiah 29:11-13




"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13 (ESV)
_____________________________________

This is one of my favorite verses.  It brings such comfort to me knowing that God has plans specifically for ME! Specifically for YOU!  And they aren't to bring harm on us, but they are good plans that we can hope for.  I also am reminded by this verse that God hears my prayers and wants me to seek Him and know Him.  And when I do seek Him, with all my heart, I will without a doubt find Him. 

There are times that I find myself feeling lost and forgotten by God.  When no matter which way I turn, it feels like I am not going to find my way back.  God never forgets us.  He never leaves us.  The problem is that we forget to call on Him, pray to Him, seek after Him with all our heart.  He doesn't want just a piece of us - he wants ALL of us!  And when you give Him everything - His plans are greater than anything we ever could have possibly imagined.

I'm definitely not perfect - trust me, I still struggle with this truth.  Lots.  But these verses always bring such comfort to me.  No matter what situation or circumstance, I can know that God's hand is in everything.  And that He will never leave me.

I hope this brings you as much comfort this week as it does for me!


Follow on Bloglovin

Nhận xét