Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Sausage


I love pasta.  It's something that I could eat each and every day, and never get sick of it.  E and I have reached a good balance of eating pasta though - this was the first time in a few weeks we had some!  I was excited to make this meal because I just bought a new 5-quart skillet.  I think I've used it every day this past week.  We have always had one about half that size, and let me just say, it is incredibly hard to combine pasta and the remaining ingredients of a meal when the skillet is overflowing.  Making this meal in our new skillet was so nice!

This week, I made Cream Tomato Tortellini with Sausage.  E said this was a keeper, although he says that about most dishes we make.  But I have to agree with him on this one.  The sauce was just the right amount of creamy, and you can't go wrong with tortellini and sausage!  The major change we made to this recipe from Taste of Home was that E grilled the sausage for me instead of cooking it in the skillet prior to adding the diced tomatoes and spinach.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!  A quick, easy, and delicious meal!




Prep/Total Time: 25 minutes     Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 package (19 oz.) tortellini
  • 2 cooked Italian sausage links, sliced (approx. 3 oz. each)
  • 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
  • 1 package (6 oz.) fresh spinach
  • 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese

Directions

  1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
  2. Grill Italian sausage.  When fully cooked, slice.
  3. Add tomatoes, spinach, and cooked sausage to large nonstick skillet, cook and stir until spinach wilts.
  4. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
  5. Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture.  Toss to combine
  6. Enjoy!
Adapted from Taste of Home Sept./Oct. 2013 magazine


 photo Signature_zps284dfca5.jpg

Nhận xét

  1. Hello, I am blog hopping today and found your blog. I am so happy I found your blog through through the Sunday Blog Hop over at "Blissful and Domestic." I wanted to invite you to visit a blog I just recently started as well at http://www.joyfulhomeandlife.com

    The website is going to contain many decorating ideas, recipes, and more and I have teamed up with many talented writers on there to post entries in regards to these topics and more. Please visit (and if you would like to subscribe via e-mail to receive updates on new content posted on the website we welcome you to do that as well). We are also on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/joyfulhomeandlife (please like and share the page) and if you're on Twitter we are at: https://twitter.com/joyfulhomenlife (please follow us there)! :)

    Thanks!

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I checked out your new blog & love it - will definitely be following!

      Xóa

Đăng nhận xét