A Birthday Meal: Chicken and Dumplings


Eliorah: Chicken & Dumplings


I don't know about you all, but I am SO ready for Spring.  This has been one of the snowiest winters I have experienced since moving to Western Michigan.  I think we currently have over three feet of snow piled up on our back porch!  The only thing that seems to warm me up on these cold nights are soups, or soup-like meals.  

It was my husband's birthday on Monday, and the meal he requested was Chicken and Dumplings - one of his favorites.  And it was a bonus that I almost had everything on hand, and it is a pretty easy meal to make!  Check it out below :)



Eliorah: Chicken & Dumplings


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups of water (or you can use chicken broth)
  • 1 Chicken bouillon cube
  • 3 cans of Cream of Chicken soup (10.5 oz each)
  • Shredded chicken (we used 4 chicken thighs, but have use 2-3 chicken breasts before, it all depends on how much chicken you want)
  • Lemon Juice
  • Pepper and/or Lemon Pepper
  • 2 cups Bisquick mix
  • 2/3 cup milk

Directions

  1. Cook your chicken through and then shred it.  (I always boil my chicken and then toss it into my KitchenAid mixer with the beater for a couple of minutes - shredded chicken that easy!)
  2. In a large skillet, boil the bouillon cube in water until dissolved.
  3. Add the cream of chicken soup, shredded chicken, a splash of lemon juice, and pepper to taste (I also add a little lemon pepper). Bring to a boil.
  4. Prepare your dumplings in a medium bowl (we used Bisquick mix: combine mix with milk until soft dough forms).
  5. Drop dumpling mixture by spoonfuls into skillet with boiling chicken mixture.
  6. Reduce heat; simmer covered for 20 minutes.
  7. Serve and enjoy!

What are some meals that are requested for special birthday meals in your household?  Feel free to share below in the comments!


 photo Signature_zps284dfca5.jpg


Nhận xét

  1. Saying hello from @sitsblogging..I recently had chicken and dumpling for the first time and I absolutely love. I am glad you posted this recipe. Thanks for this recipe as I was craving it. I am saving this recipe.

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. I'm in New England and complaining about weather- but you've got us beat with snow! Yuck! This looks delish! Total comfort food!!

    #SITSBlogging

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. Sigh! My husband and I love chicken and dumplings. Our son won't touch it. He likes chicken, gravy and biscuits, but if I put it all together he won't touch it. I even tried separating it on his plate before he saw it. Somehow he still knew and he snubbed it.

    Hubby's birthday is tomorrow and I will probably make him teriyaki chicken and rice. My choice is anything I don't have to cook. Yet somehow I never get it...

    Trả lờiXóa
  4. This reminds me of my great grandmother. She made this all the time. :)

    Trả lờiXóa
  5. I love chicken and dumplings! This looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try it!

    {Visiting from SITS, we're in the same comment love tribe!}

    Caitlin

    Trả lờiXóa
  6. This looks tasty, never cooked it myself but may just try lol especially as the weather isn't good at the moment & to give me energy! Coping with the Big C - The Sits Comment Love Challenge

    Trả lờiXóa
  7. oh, gosh. I've never actually MADE chicken and dumplings and I really, really would like to. I think you've inspired me!

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. It really is pretty easy! Good luck & I hope you enjoy!

      Xóa

Đăng nhận xét